SEMI Announces Election and Re-Election of Board Members
SEMI announced at SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid the election of Tim Archer, President and CEO of Lam Research; Doris Hsu, Chairperson and CEO of GlobalWafers Co., Ltd.; and Toshiki Kawai, Representative Director and President and CEO of Tokyo Electron, as new members of the SEMI International Board. In addition, SEMI confirmed the re-election of eight current members to the SEMI International Board of Directors in accordance with the association’s by-laws.
The following eight Board members were re-elected:
- Kevin Crofton, CEO, Comet AG
- Nobu Koshiba, Chairman Emeritus, JSR Corporation
- Yong Han (YH) Lee, Chairman, Wonik
- Sue Lin, Vice Chairman, Hermes Epitek
- Jon Kemp, President, Electronics and Imaging, DuPont
- Mary Puma, President and CEO, Axcelis Technologies
- Tien Wu, CEO, Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE)
- Jinrong Zhao, Chairman of Board of Directors, NAURA Technology Group
The SEMI Executive Committee confirmed Kevin Crofton as Chairman of the SEMI Executive Committee and Tien Wu as Vice Chairman.
The leadership appointments and the elected board members’ tenure take effect at the annual SEMI membership meeting on July 13 during SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid.
“Congratulations to the newly elected and re-elected members to the SEMI Board of Directors,” said SEMI president and CEO Ajit Manocha. “The global business leaders on our board represent a mix of industry segments and regions. We greatly appreciate their efforts to ensure that SEMI delivers member value in order to help grow the worldwide microelectronics industry.”
SEMI’s 19 voting directors and 10 emeritus directors represent companies from Europe, China, Japan, Korea, North America, and Taiwan, reflecting the global scope of the association’s activities. SEMI directors are elected by the general membership as voting members of the board.