The Reading Room – What’s the SCOOP?
After hijacking a space on EMSNOW’s homepage while I guest edited the publication, their esteemed editor, Jennifer Read, has kindly allowed me back on a weekly basis to
share some of what I am watching, reading and even listening to. So, here’s a few things I’ve enjoyed this week, some of which you will see among my regular posts on LinkedIn.
- It’s disappointing when a colleague and friend leaves the industry, but a real delight when they return! Markus, wonderful to have you back in the industry and good to see you are destined from even more greatness. Congratulations to you and to Zollner! Zollner Elektronik Board of Management adds Markus Aschenbrenner.
- Another great article from Hailey McKeefry at EBN, covering a whole group of topics related to work in the supply chain, entitled “Supply Chain Pros Report High Job Satisfaction & Stability, Improved Gender Pay Parity”. Check out some really interesting statistics from the Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) recently released survey, 2019 Supply Chain Salary and Career Survey Report.
- Are we Headed for a Shakeup? Asks Circuit Assembly Mike Buetow, in an article that includes The Circuits Assembly Top 50 EMS Companies, 2018.
- According to Supply & Demand Chain Executive, Supply chains are rapidly becoming digitized, though, they’re not yet as advanced as they could be. Check out this article entitled, More Than Just Hype: 4 Ways to Use AI to Optimize Supply Chains.
- Here are Three Ways Industry 4.0 Will Change Engineering, according to Industry Week. It is interesting to see the additive manufacturing breakthrough rank so highly among disruptors.
- Consumers are eager to use robotics technology in their lives, especially when it comes to household work and education. That’s according to new research from the Consumer Technology Association, which found that 45 percent of U.S. adults are familiar with robotics, and 84 percent of them are enthusiastic about using it in everyday life. Read more in Twice: Greetings Robots! Consumers Ready to Bring Them into Their Homes & Schools: CTA.
VIDEO OF THE WEEK: IPC’s Emerging Engineer program, launched in 2016, provides engineers early in their careers the opportunity to learn about the industry from dedicated IPC volunteers participating in standards development. Help Build Industry’s Future: Be a Part of IPC’s Emerging Engineer Program
PODCAST OF THE WEEK:For a quick fix of tech news, try the Wall Street Journal’s, Tech News Briefing, delivered daily.
That’s it until next week! For more regular musing connect or follow me on LinkedIn or Twitter.