IPC Releases Two New Standards: IPC-A-610H and IPC-J-STD-001H
IPC released two leading standards for the electronics assembly industry. IPC J-STD-001H, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies is recognized worldwide as the sole industry-consensus standard for soldering processes and materials. IPC-A-610H, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies, is a post-assembly acceptance standard used to ensure electronic assemblies meet acceptance requirements for the electronics industry. These two documents can be used together for the manufacture of electronic assemblies.
Need to know more before you buy the newly revised standards? Below you will find some of the significant changes made to each document for revision H.
Some significant changes to 610H:
- Representatives from 29 Countries (an increase of 11 representative countries) worked on the standard
- Removed all Target Conditions – Following the Steps in IPC/WHMA-A-620D
- New Criteria on Wrapped Terminals
- ESD Moved to a Separate Appendix
- Separation of Board Assembly vs. Cable and Wire Harness
- General Updates Throughout the Standard
- Jumper Wire Criteria Folded into Their Own Chapter
Some Significant Changes to 001H:
- Representatives from 27 Countries (an increase of 9 representative countries) worked on the standard
- IPC-J-STD-001G-AM1 is now incorporated to IPC-J-STD-001H
- Section 8.0 is an all new Industry Accepted – Cleaning and Residue Requirements section
- 1.56 μg/NaCI equivalence/cm2 value for Resistivity of Solvent Extract (ROSE) – No Longer Acceptable Basis for Qualifying a Manufacturing Process.
- IPC-WP-019B Provides Explanation and Rationale for Section 8.0, Cleaning and Residue Requirements
- Added Appendix D – Using x-ray for Acceptance for Solder Connection
- Removed References to International Space Station Symbol
- With Introduction of an additional automotive addendum all reference symbols were removed from the base document to avoid reader confusion
- New Criteria for Wrapped Terminals
Purchase the Standards Now:
Purchase the Redline Documents Now:
Released today is the white paper providing additional details supporting Section 8.0 of IPC-J-STD-001H requirements for cleaning and coating acceptance criteria.
Purchase the White Paper:
If your business is in electronic assembly, you can use both IPC J-STD-001H and IPC-A-610H to keep pace with electronic technology advancements. Both standards will be available in Multi-Device License format (MDL). Hard/Paper copies will be available soon. For more information email@example.com