iNEMI Forming Two Warpage-Related Projects
Package Warpage Prediction and Characterization
High Density Interconnect Socket Warpage Prediction and Characterization
Join iNEMI for a call-for-participation webinar that will review two new warpage-related projects currently in sign-up.
Package Warpage Prediction and Characterization Project
Dynamic warpage characterization of electronic packages is critical for high-yield board assembly. One of the challenges is to predict the dynamic warpage behavior of the new packages accurately enough through simulation before having a physical article. Current package warpage modeling capabilities are not adequate to satisfy this need. This project will have two major scopes:
- Warpage characterization of the latest advanced packaging technologies from industry samples will quantify the typical warpage ranges and trends that the industry can expect when implementing these packaging technologies.
- The team plans to focus investigations on organic substrate-based packages, drawing on results from the modeling framework gap analysis and simulation case study of earlier iNEMI warpage projects. They will conduct material properties characterization of the mold compound and substrate raw materials to help understand the impact of curing process on eventual package warpage. This work is expected to enable improvements in package warpage prediction tools and techniques.
High Density Interconnect Socket Warpage Prediction and Characterization Project
High speed solder array-based socket connectors are complex components. Any warpage across the socket contributes to yield and quality challenges during SMT processes, plus it impacts the performance and reworkability of the sockets. This project will investigate the warpage of high density, large size array sockets and the impact of socket design and fabrication process on warpage. In particular, the project aims to:
- Develop socket warpage measurement guidelines and prediction methods
- Determine the impact of molding and design on large size socket warpage
- Explore warpage mitigation approaches in SMT assembly process
Join one of our call-for-participation webinars to learn more about these two warpage projects. Two sessions are scheduled and are open to everyone; advance registration is required. For additional information, contact Haley Fu (email@example.com).
Session 1 (Americas & EMEA)
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
9:00-10:00 a.m. EDT (Americas)
3:00-4:00 p.m. CEST (Europe)
9:00-10:00 p.m. CST (China)
Register for this webinar
Session 2 (APAC)
Friday, July 3, 2020
9:00-10:00 a.m. CST (China)
6:00-7:00 p.m. PDT (Americas) on July 2
Register for this webinar