Indium Corporation to Exhibit Industry-Leading EV Products at Productronica
Indium Corporation® is proud to showcase its proven advanced assembly materials for PCBA and powerelectronics, including those for the rapidly evolving electric vehicle manufacturing and e-Mobility market, at Productronica, November 14-17, in Munich, Germany.
With its significant automotive industry expertise and an award-winning portfolio of proven products, Indium Corporation will feature its Rel-ion™ suite of electrical, mechanical, and thermal solutions to reduce electric vehicle (EV) manufacturers’ time to market.
More than four million EVs are on the road with Indium Corporation’s reliable, scalable, and proven Rel-ion products. Rel-ion materials solutions deliver reliability by:
- Eliminating non-wet opens and head-in-pillow defects
- Preventing dendritic growth by meeting stricter surface insulation resistance requirements
- Preventing solder delamination with precise bondline control and increased creep and fatigue resistance
- Reducing hot spots-induced voiding through improved thermal efficiency
Some of the Rel-ion products featured at productronica include:
- Indalloy®301 LT Alloy for Preforms/InFORMS® – a novel Pb-free alloy that enables lower processing temperatures in preform soldering compared to SAC alloys. Specifically designed for power module applications, this alloy prevents warpage in package-cooler attach scenarios without sacrificing reliability like traditional bismuth-containing low-temperature alloys. It is available in preforms, ribbon, or InFORMS®.
- Award-winning InFORMS® – reinforced solder alloy fabrications which improve mechanical and thermal reliability, and are specifically designed to produce consistent bondline thickness for power module applications. They also address specific challenges for the power electronics industry by providing an enhanced material for the development of more reliable and higher performance modules.
- InTACK™ – a no-clean, no residue, halogen-free adhesive solution developed for holding parts in place during placement and reflow processes. Designed for use in no-flux reflow applications with formic acid, InTACK™ is specially formulated with high tack to hold a die, chip, or solder preform in place without movement, reducing the dependency on tooling without compromising soldering or sintering quality.
- QuickSinter® – a new approach to sinter technology. This high-metal, low-organic content approach enables fast drying and sintering times for high throughput. Both silver and copper sinter pastes are available. The portfolio includes the InFORCE™ range of pressure sinter pastes and the InBAKE range of pressure-less sinter pastes. Applications include die attach and substrate attach in power electronics.
- Award-winning Durafuse® LT – a novel solder paste mixed alloy system with highly versatile characteristics that enable it for energy savings, high-reliability, low-temperature, step soldering, and assemblies with large temperature gradients. It also provides superior drop shock performance as compared to conventional low-temperature solders, outclassing BiSn or BiSnAg alloys, and performing better than SAC305 with optimum process setup.
- Durafuse® HR – based on a novel alloy technology, delivers enhanced thermal cycling performance (-40/125°C and -40/150°C) and superior voiding performance for high reliability automotive applications.
- Indium8.9HF Solder Paste Series – an industry-proven solder paste series that delivers no-clean, halogen-free solutions designed to achieve high surface insulation resistance (SIR) and improve stability during the printing process for high-reliability automotive electronics.
To learn more about why over four million electric vehicles are on the road with Indium Corporation’s innovative materials, visit booth #A4.309 or indium.com/emobility.