The Reading Room – what’s the SCOOP?
For two weeks, I’m guest editor on EMSNOW, while Jennifer takes a well-earned break! For that period, I’m taking the liberty of posting some daily musings. My day generally starts with my own “reading room”, a quick review of my favorite news sources, usually including this publication. Here’s what caught my eye with this morning’s coffee.
- I’ve been reading a lot of supply chain stuff recently and in ‘A Supply Chain Analytics Leader’s First 100 Days’ on Smarter with Gartner, Christy Pettey describes their roadmap to succeed in a new supply chain analytics leadership role.
- Back home in the UK it seems Britain’s exit from Europe is unresolved and unclear, and looking like the messiest and most expensive divorce ever! In ‘Brexit Delayed is Still Brexit’, Mark Shanley, Sales & Marketing Director, Astute Electronics explore the impact of the delay, the uncertainty and frankly the chaos!
- I know I already posted this on LinkedIn, but I am fascinated by the potential use of Blockchain in manufacturing and supply chain. Check out what these brands are doing to combat counterfeiting! Louis Vuitton Owner LVMH Is Launching a Blockchain to Track Luxury Goods.
- I do like a good TedTalk! And when you have met and interviewed the presenter and he’s a sixteen-year-old genius with an eye for mixing technologies to improve lives you can’t not watch. Check out how Rishabh Java combines Additive Manufacturing, robotics and electrooculography to create a low cost prosthetic!
- Read more, watch more, know more – that’s the SCOOP!