The Reading Room – What’s the SCOOP?
After hijacking a space on EMSNOW’s homepage while I guest edited the publication, their esteemed editor, Jennifer Read, has kindly allowed me back on a weekly basis to share some of what I am watching, reading and even listening to. So, here’s a few things I’ve enjoyed this week, some of which you will see among my regular posts on LinkedIn.
- The FIFA Women’s World Cup starts on June 7th in Paris and I will be watching. Check out some of the amazing videos on FIFA’s YouTube channel, including My First Pitch with Thembi Kgatlana, who tells her story from the first football pitch in her life to where she is today, on the verge of the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019.
- Unintended consequences are a fact of life, but I am pretty sure President Trump was not planning to deliver a windfall to Mexican manufacturing as a result of his trade war with China. According to this feature, USMCA could spell opportunity for many Mexico-based manufacturing operations. Meanwhile, with more good news for Mexico, China is developing a taste for Tequila, with exports up 38% last year.
- There’s a lot of talk about digital transformation and the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), but what does it all mean to an organization. Check out this advice based on survey results from McKinsey Digital – Five moves to make during a digital transformation. Also, according to the World Economic Forum, Humane leadership must be the Fourth Industrial Revolution’s real innovation. It would be great if part of 4IR we saw improvements in leadership, business practices and work life balance.
- VIDEO OF THE WEEK: Here’s a simple explanation from CNBC answering the question, What is the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
- PODCAST OF THE WEEK: This is an informative and fun engineer-to-engineer podcast from EMS Industry Disruptor, MacroFab.
That’s it until next week!
For more regular musing connect or follow me on LinkedInor Twitter.
Read more, watch more, hear more, know more – that’s the SCOOP!