SMTA Releases Second Batch of Training Resources Donated by Bob Willis
Minneapolis, MN – The Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) announces the release of several more webinars, photo libraries, and poster sets as part of a generous donation from renowned industry expert, Bob Willis.
The resources just released include the following:
- Hand Soldering & De-Soldering with Lead-Free Solder – Webinar
- PCB Microsectioning, Analysis of Failure & Quality Standards – Webinar
- Solder Paste Printing & Defect Guide – Causes & Cures – Webinar
- Printed Circuit Board Defects – Photo Album
- Pin in Hole Intrusive Reflow Soldering – Photo Album
- Solder Paste Printing and Defects – Photo Album
- SMT Component Acceptability Guide – Poster Set
- BGA X-ray Inspection Criteria and Defect Guide – Poster Set
- BGA Optical Inspection Criteria and Defect Guide – Poster Set
To ensure the widespread dissemination of these resources, the content has been made exclusively available through the sponsorship of HumiSeal Europe Ltd, a leading provider of conformal coatings. Their support has enabled SMTA to make these webinars, photo libraries, and poster sets accessible to a broader audience within the industry.
As part of this collaboration, HumiSeal Europe Ltd has generously sponsored £5000 towards this initiative. The proceeds from this sponsorship will be split between two worthy causes – the Charles Hutchins Educational Grant and Prostate Cancer UK. This joint effort between SMTA and HumiSeal Europe Ltd aims to not only advance professional development within the industry but also contribute to the betterment of society.
The Charles Hutchins Educational Grant, established in honor of the late Charles Hutchins, a prominent figure in the surface mount technology community, provides educational scholarships and financial assistance to deserving students working on thesis research in electronics manufacturing, electronics packaging, or a related field. Prostate Cancer UK is a leading charity dedicated to raising awareness, funding research, and providing support to those affected by prostate cancer.
The SMTA and HumiSeal Europe Ltd encourage professionals in the surface mount technology industry to take advantage of these valuable resources and contribute to the support of the Charles Hutchins Education Grant and Prostate Cancer UK.
For more information about the SMTA, Bob Willis’ contributions, or the exclusive sponsorship by HumiSeal Europe Ltd, please contact Tara Dunn, Director of Training and Education at email@example.com.