SEMI Talent Forum to Help Build Next-Generation Chip Industry Workforce
Forum Connects Students, Young Professionals with Semiconductor Companies to Help Build Talent Pipeline
SWANSEA, United Kingdom – Post-graduates and onboarding talent will connect with local companies to explore semiconductor industry career paths and employment opportunities at the SEMI Talent Forum , 6 March 2020 in Swansea, UK at the University of Swansea. Sponsored by SEMI , the industry association representing the global electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, and staged in partnership with European organizations including the University of Swansea , Edwards , Oxford Instruments , and SPTS Technologies , the event will also highlight how technology is reshaping the global workforce. Participation is free of charge and registration is open.
The event will be held at the Great Hall, Swansea University Bay Campus, Fabian Way, Crymlyn Burrows, Swansea SA1 8EN, UK.
The SEMI Talent Forum is an ideal venue for semiconductor companies to promote their workforce development, diversity and inclusion initiatives to the next generation of industry talent. The forum targets young talent as the semiconductor industry presses ahead to build the workforce critical to innovations in cutting-edge technologies that are transforming how we work and live such as artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR), machine learning and quantum computing. Representatives from Swansea University and the Welsh Government will kick off the event with keynotes.
SEMI Talent Forum Key Topics
- Technologies Addressing Global Challenges
- Microelectronics Enabling AI, IoT and 5G
- Technology Highlights from the CS Connected Cluster
- Panel Discussion – Leading in the Digital Age: Technology, Diversity and Inclusion
Other Event Highlights
- Tech Demo Zones – Interactive demonstrations of technologies such as VR
- Career Café – Students and post-graduates will meet with industry leaders, learn about their companies’ work and culture, and participate in mock interviews and CV review sessions.
- Professional Headshot Studio – Young talent will get a free professional headshot for their CV and business social media profiles.
- Student Poster Exhibition – Local students will showcase their research.
For more details about the event, please see the full program .
The SEMI Talent Forum is sponsored by Edwards, Oxford Instruments and SPTS Technologies (A KLA Company).
Follow SEMI on Twitter and LinkedIn : @SEMIEurope – #talentforum #digitalfuture