New carbon accounting and management software makes it easy for companies to quantify, report and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Veteran sustainability expert launches software to help companies bring in-house activities that are typically outsourced to costly consultants
MINNEAPOLIS — Increasing government regulations, investor demands and business requirements are forcing companies to quantify and report their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. But this is a highly technical, time-consuming task that most companies outsource to expensive consultants. North Star Carbon Management is a new SaaS solution developed to address this problem by providing the easiest-to-use carbon accounting and management software on the market.
North Star Carbon Management allows companies to streamline their GHG accounting and reporting and more quickly reach their net-zero GHG targets by:
- Automating data transfer and GHG calculations by directly connecting to internal and external systems via its OpenAPI platform.
- Using the most intuitive and user-friendly interface among carbon accounting software platforms.
- Setting short-term, medium-term and long-term carbon-reduction targets aligned with the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTI).
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on progress toward carbon-reduction goals.
- Utilizing an AI-enabled planning function to create decarbonization roadmaps that model future scenarios across all emission sources and determine ideal pathways to net-zero emissions.
- Understanding the financial costs of all emission sources and savings and the ROI of all carbon-reduction projects and plans.
- Pulling complete audit reports and all source data in two clicks, providing complete transparency into all calculations, emission factors and estimations.
North Star Carbon Management was founded by veteran sustainability expert Josh Prigge, who has 13 years of experience conducting greenhouse gas emissions inventories for companies around the world.
“Until now, collecting and reporting emissions data has been a cumbersome process that has required a specialized skillset,” Prigge said. “We created North Star Carbon Management to be so user-friendly and intuitive that even an intern could lead your company’s GHG emissions inventory. The feedback from our beta testers and early customers is that we’ve achieved this.”
North Star Carbon Management was beta-tested by some of America’s most recognizable brands in consumer goods and investment banking, and the team has already established strategic partnerships with leading accounting firms and sustainability consultants.
For more information about how to easily quantify, report and reduce your greenhouse gas emissions, visit: https://www.northstarcarbon.com