NAM Statement on ITC USMCA Report
Washington, D.C. – National Association of Manufacturers Vice President of International Economic Affairs, Linda Dempsey, released the following statement on the International Trade Commission’s report on the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement:
“The USMCA is a win for manufacturers. This agreement will level the playing field for manufacturers in the United States and support the 2 million American manufacturing jobs that depend on our exports to Canada and Mexico. That’s why the USMCA is our top trade priority, and we urge Congress to approve it as soon as possible.”
For manufacturers, the USMCA:
- Includes best-in-class intellectual property rules.
- Sets new standards for the 21st-century digital economy.
- Ensures manufacturers can sell their products duty-free.
- Eliminates red tape at the border.
- Raises standards, improves transparency and prohibits anti-U.S. discrimination and anti-competitive activity.
- Provides the same binding enforcement for all obligations.
Clickto learn more about why this agreement is a essential to manufacturing and manufacturing workers in the United States.