IPC Education Foundation Seeks Your Input in Creating the Next Generation of Industry Experts
The IPC Education Foundation (IPCEF) is proud of our progress towards our mission to develop a pipeline of new talent entering the electronics industry by creating AWARENESS of the careers the electronics manufacturing industry has to offer and promoting opportunities to students in high school and technical college/university by providing them ACCESS to knowledge and content and CONNECTIONS with people and companies. You can also find a downloadable copy of the 2021 “Year in Review” here.
To impact the lives of students interested to enter the industry, help is needed from companies serving the industry. We’ve identified various ways for you to connect with talented individuals.
If you would like to showcase your company or have industry representatives in different positions share their career journeys or tips on advancing in the industry professionally, please reach out to us as we would appreciate connecting with industry experts in various company roles/positions and sharing the content on our website in the form of quotes, videos, and photos.
ENGAGEMENT WITH STUDENTS
- What better way to meet up and coming talent than to present an information session to share career paths at your company and other industry opportunities with college and high school students? This can be done virtually or in person.
- Hosting students at your facility for tours & other engagement events are great opportunities to give students an inside look and share aspects of the industry with them.
- The Foundation presents a Career & Tech Webinar Series which allows companies to have a representative present as a panelist.
- Interested in sponsoring an IPC Student Chapter in your direct area to attract talented students? You can subsidize the $40 student membership fee and become the employer of choice for only $1,000 per school of your choice.
- Additional sponsorship opportunities are available and can be tailored to meet the needs of each partner, especially around specific IPCEF events like the STEM Outreach Events at IPC APEX EXPO annually.
- We would welcome introductions to company foundation representatives to explore grant or funding opportunities to maximize our impact.
For more information, please reach out to me at CharleneGunter@ipc.org.