Indium Corporation to Feature Precision Gold Solutions at Space Tech Expo
Indium Corporation will feature its high-reliability, precision gold solder solutions for critical applications during Space Tech Expo from Oct. 6-8 at Long Beach, Calif.
Aerospace and military applications require materials with exacting tolerances that perform well under the most extreme conditions. From the 1960s through today, Indium Corporation has contributed significantly to the U.S. Space program. During the inaugural moonwalk, Indium Corporation’s materials were used to seal the containers that brought rocks back from the moon’s surface. Since then, the company’s materials have been used in moon missions, Mars missions, and satellite technology.
Indium Corporation continues to innovate materials science to develop a suite of leading-edge materials and technology solutions for the challenges of today with an eye to those of the future.
Indium Corporation’s AuLTRA™ 75 is an off-eutectic AuSn preform solution (75Au/25Sn) designed to improve intermetallic reliability in applications using a die with a thicker gold plating, such as a GaN die used for high-frequency, high-power RF power amplifier devices for 5G and other critical military and aerospace wireless communications. AuLTRA™ 75 helps improve the operation of these critical technologies by offering a lower gold content, allowing for the absorption of gold from the die, and thereby ensuring a strong solder bond. It also delivers:
- Improved wetting and voiding
- Adjustment of the final solder joint composition
Indium Corporation’s AuLTRA™ is also available in 78Au/22Sn and 79Au/21Sn formulations.Indium Corporation’s portfolio of gold materials also includes:
- Precision preforms and specialty solder paste—available in AuSn, AuGe, AuSi, and AuIn
- AuLTRA™ ThInFORMS™—0.00035” thick (0.00889mm or 8.89μm) 80Au/20Sn preforms—that improve the overall operational efficiency of high-output lasers commonly used by the aerospace industry by helping combat common issues, such as shorting and poor thermal transfer
- High-performance metal thermal interface materials designed to provide enhanced heat dissipation and maintain the longevity and reliability of the end product
About Space Tech Expo
Space Tech Expo, the West Coast’s premier space event, consists of two days of knowledge sharing and networking between technical designers, sub-systems suppliers, and manufacturers alongside the largest supply chain exhibition of its kind. The free-to-attend exhibition will highlight the latest in investment and manufacturing for space, and will focus on optimization through various technologies, including new ways of manufacturing, such as the challenges and opportunities of implementing industry 4.0 technologies on the manufacturing floor and into the space supply chain.