IMTS Network Week Premiers September 14 – 18, Offers Four Hours of Daily Original Programming
This digital, on-demand channel shares the stories of people with a passion for manufacturing and the transformational technologies that impact our lives.
McLean, Va. — On Monday, September 14, IMTS – The International Manufacturing Technology Show will launch IMTS Network, a new digital channel that will broadcast live on IMTS.com from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (CT) each day through September 18.
Structured similarly to a morning news channel – but dedicated to the manufacturing technology industry – IMTS Network co-anchors Peter Eelman and Jules McGuire will guide viewers through four hours of upbeat, fast-paced original programming. Each day of the IMTS Network week features fresh content. Major themes include rebuilding the supply chain, digital manufacturing technology, small business success and a behind-the-scenes look into the shops, institutions and technologies that shape the world.
“IMTS Network is the antidote to a virtual show. This is a community-based storytelling venture that connects the entire spectrum of people within the manufacturing technology industry by providing a platform for them to share their stories,” says, Eelman, Vice President & CXO at AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology, which owns and produces IMTS.
“We designed each series to be highly engaging and to last just a few minutes, making the content very easy to consume,” adds McGuire, Senior Manager of Content Development at AMT.
“We created more than a dozen original shows for IMTS Network, then added in a mix of live interviews, product demonstrations and social media shout-outs from everyday people within the industry.”
A Permanent Channel
After daily content airs, it will loop until the start of the next day’s show. At the end of IMTS Network week, content will be archived on IMTS.com/network. The concept for a network started in 2019, driven by Eelman’s passion to create a permanent, on-demand resource that would continuously introduce new ideas to, and promote connections within, the manufacturing technology community.
“I’ve always been a sports fan, and I envisioned a community similar to the ones that have grown up around sports teams, channels and websites,” says Eelman. “Manufacturing has always had its own team of stars, spokespeople, influencers and everyday heroes — now with the IMTS Network, we have created an everyday place to connect that extends beyond the six days of a show.”
Like a sports channel, the IMTS Network has themed series and segments. A sample of IMTS Network week daily programming includes:
- 8:00 The Industry Download – welcome, highlights of the news and daily recaps.
- 8:30 A Conversation With … – hear firsthand from industry leaders on where manufacturing technology is headed and what opportunities lie ahead.
- 8:45 Road Trippin’ with Steve – travel with Stephen LaMarca (a manufacturing technology analyst by day) as he visits places like the American Precision Museum and Joe Gibbs Racing.
- 9:00 Outside the Shop – exploring manufacturing technology used in unconventional ways.
- 9:15 Tech It Out! Gameshow – watch educators and industry experts go head-to-head and test their MT knowledge in this one-of-a kind game show!
- 9:30 Live from Chicago – Peter Eelman (aka “IMTS Show Boss”) sits down with the major players who bring the industry IMTS every two years.
- 9:45 Manufacturing Explorers – a father and son duo explore an outstanding variety of Midwest manufacturers.
- 10:00 Profiles in Manufacturing – in-depth conversations with those who shape the MT industry, from small shop owners to industry legends.
- 10:30 The Three Economists – AMT’s economists lead you through the latest insights in the fast-changing world of industry trends with sharp insights and essential context.
- 10:45 Future View – from turbines to tomography, IMTS visits some of the most innovative minds in the manufacturing technology industry and delves into their projects, prototypes, and trials that promise to shake up the industry.
- 11:30 West Coast Manufacturing – they say things are cooler on the West Coast. Does that include manufacturing technology?
- Varies Zoom Across the Nation – greetings from shops across the nation.
- Varies Tech Peek videos – fun, short, whimsical and intriguing looks at emerging and unique technologies, from 5G networks to synthetic spider silk.
For more details on IMTS Network week, visit IMTS.com.