Extreme Networks Empowers K-12 & Higher Education Customers Worldwide to Advance Digital Learning Initiatives
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — As K-12 and higher education institutions increasingly adopt new digital learning techniques, investment in education technology will continue to surge, with the market expected to reach $40.9B by 2022. In support of these investments, seven K-12 and higher education institutions worldwide have recently chosen Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) to provide wired and wireless, switching and routing, network management, analytics and security solutions to connect their classrooms and enable their digital learning environments. By deploying Extreme’s software-driven solutions, schools of all sizes, with different coursework and unique campus topographies, are expanding personalized learning programs, improving campus security and adopting cutting-edge eSports curricula.
- Adoption of eSports: At SUNY Canton, the IT team’s installation of ExtremeSwitching, ExtremeWireless, ExtremeManagement and ExtremeAnalytics products enabled the launch of three eSports teams, Game Design courses and a new high-speed wireless gaming arena that will be completed for the Fall 2018 semester.
- Increased End-User Satisfaction: At Rivier University, students no longer have to sit in their dorm hallways to get a Wi-Fi signal strong enough to complete online coursework. By reconfiguring its existing APs and switches and adding ExtremeSwitching, ExtremeControl, ExtremeManagement and ExtremeWireless technologies, high-speed Internet is now available in dorm rooms, increasing student satisfaction. Similarly, City University of London reduced negative feedback on its IT services and Wi-Fi technology by achieving 100 percent network uptime on all core systems, following its deployment of Extreme Automated Campus.
- Heightened Security, Visibility & Control: By enforcing network policies with ExtremeControl and ExtremeManagement products, Somerset College provides an exceptional level of network security and privacy for the school’s 1,800 students and staff who use their own personal devices in the classroom. At , the single-pane-of-glass functionality of the ExtremeManagement technology helps its small IT networking staff view and manage personal devices running on the network as part of the BYOD program in one easy-to-use dashboard.
- Mobile Learning & BYOD: With a user-oriented wireless infrastructure provided by the ExtremeWireless product, Chungbuk National University upgraded existing mobile app services, launched a mobile lecture series, and deployed new BYOD-driven smart campus technology such as mobile student cards and mobile POS, to improve the overall mobile learning environment.
- Support Across Mixed Learning/Teaching Environments: With nine campuses located across the city of Auckland as part of Manukau Institute of Technology’s Vocational program, the ExtremeSwitching product helped the IT team customize and support the technology needs of different learning disciplines in a non-traditional classroom setting, like providing connectivity to engine room simulators used by marine engineering students.
- Bob Nilsson, Director of Vertical Solutions Marketing, Extreme Networks: “Our software-driven networking solutions are designed to deliver endless possibilities to our education customers. Our technology is now deployed at over 17,000 schools and 4,500 campuses worldwide following a year of significant global uptake as K-12 and higher education institutions look to accelerate digital learning. With digital transformation and the move to smart schools, the need for hyper-reliable, easily-managed network infrastructure has never been greater in education.”
- Paulo Leal, Network Team Leader, City University of London: “Since moving to Extreme Automated Campus, there’s been a vast improvement in student satisfaction with IT Services. The only network downtime we’ve experienced is during planned maintenance. We’re happy we stayed with Extreme and look forward to working with them on deploying the next generation of solutions.”
- Peter Chang, Senior Network Engineer, American School of Dubai: “Our commitment to technology is fundamental to the success of our educators and students. Extreme’s software-driven network solutions give us unified management and visibility across the entirety of our network, while also supporting the implementation of a successful and secure BYOD policy, making day-to-day management far simpler.”
- Jun Seok Kang, Leader of Information Team at Computer and Information Center, Chungbuk National University: “Throughout the redesign of our wireless environment, Extreme has been a trusted advisor and excellent partner. With its 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless technology, our upload and download speeds are three times faster than conventional 11n wireless systems. We’ve optimized the wireless network to now support our mission to build a sustainable, smart BYOD-driven campus.”
- Lisa Thomson, Dean of Information Technologies, Somerset College: “We are an organisation at the forefront, pushing things to the extreme – pun intended! Extreme Networks has provided us with great building blocks for pushing IT even further. Just about anyone can do basic WiFi and networking; it’s what you can do on top of that in terms of security, data analytics and management that’s important. Extreme Networks is encouraging us to not just ‘set and forget’ – we can always use the resources in a more targeted, clever way. With this comes added flexibility in the types of devices and services we can implement and the ways in which we can use them in the future. With an ever-increasing use of the network you need that degree of visibility on performance and security.”