Expansion at Kimball Electronics – Mexico Enables New Opportunities for Growth
The expansion of Kimball’s Mexico facility is needed to support many long-term customers as well as to add capacity for new customer growth. The outstanding customer support and
performance of our manufacturing teams at our Mexico facility has made it necessary to expand as customer programs have grown and continue to grow.
- The expansion project in a location near the current premises will more than double the capacity of the facility.
- We plan to leverage the expertise we have at KEMX to support the new facility and will be adding key talent to both facilities to support the expected growth we see at KEMX.
- The two facilities will operate as a single facility and will have shared leadership in key positions that will oversee both facilities.
- Presently, KEMX is a facility with 230,000 sq ft floor space.
- The KEMX expansion will add 240,000 sq ft to our footprint in Reynosa, Mexico.
- The targeted completion of construction is end of June 2022.
“Our Mexico facility is one of the largest facilities we operate and we’ve been there for decades. It’s a very popular preference of our customers. We support all four market verticals in Mexico. It’s a very complex, large-scale manufacturing facility supporting all four of our end market verticals and we’re at capacity. We have opportunities in our new business pipeline that are very close to being awarded and slated to be manufactured there in the future.” – Don Charron, Chairman and CEO of Kimball Electronic