ECIA’s Global Industry Practices Committee (GIPC) Update Webinar October 19th
Atlanta, GA – The GIPC will hold its Q3 update on Monday, October 19, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. PST, hosted by Don Elario, committee members and the SME (Subject Matter Expert) resource pool members. The Committee will report on continuing initiatives, as well as new ones launching in the third quarter of 2020. ECIA members and non-members are welcome to join, learn and submit ideas and suggestions.The webinar will begin with an update on ECIA from President and CEO David Loftus. Dale Ford will next report on North American Electronic Component Sales Trends and the latest on COVID-19. Russ Dzielak from Phoenix Contact and his SME group will discuss the latest best practices for interacting with customers during the ever-changing reopening process. Don Elario will update attendees on the design registration and the paperless manufacturer COC projects. Finally, the GIPC just kicked off a new project to identify best practices for listing authorized distributors and manufacturer representatives on manufacturer’s websites.Here is the complete agenda:
- ECIA update – David Loftus, ECIA President and CEO
- NA Electronic Component Sales Trends and COVID-19 – Dale Ford, ECIA Chief Analyst
- Sales Interacting with Business Partners and Customers – Russ Dzielak, Director of Channel & Key Accounts, Phoenix Contact
- Design Registration project update – Don Elario, ECIA VP Industry Practice
- Paperless Process for Handling Manufacturer COC’s – Pete Shopp, SVP Business Operations, Mouser Electronics
- Listing Authorized Distributors and Manufacturer Reps on Manufacturer’s Websites – Victor Meijers, ECIA SVP
- Compliance & Risks webinar held on October 15, 2020 – Don Elario
- Updating our SME resource pool in Q4 as we head into 2021.
The Electronic Components Industry Association (ECIA) is made up of the leading electronic component manufacturers, their manufacturer representatives and authorized distributors. ECIA members share a common goal of promoting and improving the business environment for the authorized sale of electronic components. Comprised of a broad array of leaders and professionals representing all phases of the electronics components supply chain, ECIA is where business optimization, product authentication and industry advocacy come together. ECIA members develop industry guidelines and technical standards, as well as generate critical business intelligence. For more information, visit www.ecianow.org or call 678-393-9990.