New Industry Opportunity Workshop with the Microfluidics Consortium
Nov 16, 2016
What is MF7: The global industry association for microfluidics including Big Pharma, Big Healthcare, Reagents, Healthcare Electronics, Devices, Materials Companies and Research institutes from Europe and USA. Details here: http://www.cfbi.com/MF7.pdf
What is microfluidics? Doing chemistry on a tiny scale to speed up reactions, save time and energy. Passive devices made until now from silicon, glass, plastic or paper which have a human or machine readable output.
What is it good for?
- Carrying out diagnostic tests on a tiny consumable device
- De-coding the human (and other) genome
- High Throughput screening of samples for medical effectiveness, toxicology etc.
- Making novel materials in small quantities at point of use
- Environmental, Homeland security
Who is using it today?
Where is it going?
- Enabling patient monitoring beyond the hospital/doctors surgery, into the home or connected
to mobile phone
- Enabling personalized medicine, testing if the drug will work on you before you take it
- Enabling cell/tissue/organ on a chip, simulating bodily functions in a laboratory scale
- .. then into testing water, air, food/crops and much more
- ... all ready for the emerging connected world
Why should EIPC members take an interest?
- Manufacturing synergies: flexible substrates, pick and place, lamination, electrodes,
- Device level synergies adding microfluidics functionality to electronics products or adding
electronics functionality to microfluidics products:
I'm interested? What do I do now?
Learn more on 8/12/2016 during the EIPC Workshop on PCB Bio-MEMs (http://www.eipc.org/eipcevent/2016-workshop-pcb-bio-mems/). Register Now!
On Dec 8th we will be talking about markets, value chain, technology already developed and role for electronics / PCB manufacturers
On Dec 9th (invitation only) we will be discussing specific opportunities to collaborate on manufacturing and device functionality.
For more information please contact the EIPC office at firstname.lastname@example.org