SMTA LA / Orange County chapter to focus on RoHS compliance
Aug 31, 2005
On October 27th, 2005, from 9:00am - 4:30pm at Skyworks Solutions in Irvine, CA, Dr. Harvey Stone of The Goodbye Chain Group will present a tutorial program on Complying with RoHS: Key Issues, Best Practices, and Critical Steps.
The course is meant to provide information, stimulate discussion, and allow attendees to share their own experiences and ask questions in order to identify the steps needed to reduce financial risk, cut costs, and gain competitive advantage from RoHS compliance activities.
Course topics include the following:
- The current state of the industry in regard to RoHS.
- Clarification in regard to the scope of RoHS.
- Accepted, rejected, and pending exemptions.
- Emerging data collection standards and accepted practices.
- RoHS enforcement and who will be doing it.
- UK guidance and other EU activities.
- Real-world examples of what companies are doing to comply.
- Design of experiments implementation.
- Best practices and worst pitfalls to accelerate RoHS compliance.
Visit the Chapter Tutorials page of the Education & Events section on smta.org for more information and to register.