DuPont reports Q4 and FY 2004 earnings
Jan 26, 2005
* Fourth quarter 2004 earnings were $.28 per share.
* Fourth quarter earnings before special items were $.37 per share.
* Segment sales, excluding the divested Textiles & Interiors businesses, grew 14 percent on 5 percent volume growth and 7 percent higher U.S. dollar selling prices. Local selling price increases more than offset the impact of higher raw material costs.
* Fourth quarter segment pretax operating income (PTOI), before special items, was $709 million, up 32 percent.
* Full-year 2004 earnings per share before special items were $2.38, up 43 percent, compared to $1.66 earned last year.
"The fourth quarter caps a year of improved operating performance by our company, delivering broad-based revenue growth, cost productivity and margin improvement," said Charles O. Holliday, Jr., DuPont chairman and chief executive officer. "We are executing our strategies to put our science to work, to go where the growth is, and to leverage the global capabilities of our company. I am very pleased with the positive momentum our employees are creating for DuPont, our customers and our shareholders."