Call for Papers at EPC2004 Electronic Printed Circuit Convention
May 25, 2004
Electronics made in Europe
Date: 5-7 October, 2004
Place: Cologne, Germany
In October this year the European Institute of Printed Circuits will be hosting the bi-annual European PCB Convention (EPC2004) in Cologne. This is the only WECC supported event to be held in Europe. Traditionally this prestigious exhibition has always focused on the bare circuit board manufacture and supply industries, but now the scope of the event has been widened to encompass the electronics industry as a whole.
The European electronics industry. Or 'Electronics – Made in Europe'.
The EPC2004 event will have 4 key items; the Exhibition, a Technical Conference, the Tutorials/Training sessions and ﬁ nally the Table Top & Poster Event on the show ﬂ oor.
The aim is to bring to the delegates a programme which touches upon the strategically important topics that are of concern to those involved in electronic manufacturing, in all its complexity, in all its stages. Knowing how we deal with what we now have - how we fulﬁ ll today’s expectations - is the way to deal with what is no longer there.
A programme is being organised which will cover the traditional bare board PCB disciplines. In addition special tutorial/training sessions (workshops) will be held along-side the oral presentations.
This conference will be of relevance to printed circuit board designers, speciﬁ ers, manufacturers, manufacturing suppliers, those involved in test & measurement, quality control and assurance, and electronic manufacturing companies, all of whom are the links in the supply chain from conception to delivery.
Abstracts for presentations in the following areas are invited:
- How to apply standards to PCB Design, fabrication and assembly
- Lead free Technology. Challenges and opportunities. Present situation and future solution
- Drilling of small hole using advanced mechanical drilling equipment
- Drill bits new technology for micro drill bits
- Laser drilling and laser structuring
- Embedded passives, imbedded actives. Trends in technology. Design tools, fabrication capabilities, cost saving options
- Plating of small hole using plugging by plating technology
- Digital imaging of PCB conductor lines, marking inks and solder mask using inkjet technology
- Digital imaging of PCB conductor lines, marking inks and solder mask using Laser direct imaging
- Registration systems
- Advanced photo tool for PCBs
- Market trends World wide. Does the PCB has a future?
- How to impact PCB fabrication businesses moving to Asia?
- Fine line etching
- Copper foil and thin copper technology.
- What can we learn form PCB fabricators in Asia?
- Thin Core laminate and prepreg
- Rigid ﬂ ex PCBs. How can rigid PCB fabricators participate in this fast growing market?
- Environmental issue how to deal with these challenges?
Table Top & Poster Display area on the show ﬂ oor.
Under this banner, EIPC will be providing EMS, OEM and ODM companies with low cost ‘stands’, to display their products, to compliment those being booked by the industry suppliers and manufacturers. A pathway will be created among the stands at which table-top exhibits can show electronic products in the stages of production, which will be of interest to those delegations who are planning to attend, to learn more about the European technology for manufacturing PCBs as well as electronic equipment.
You will be provided with a poster wall and a table during the three days of the event in a special dedicated area on the show ﬂ oor. EIPC provides herewith an opportunity for information sharing and discussion. This will allow for visitors to obtain latest product information and know-how.
This is something of a ‘special event’, and is sponsored by the EIPC. Kindly note that space for the Table Top Exhibition is limited, so you are asked to book as early as possible. Conference participation fee is NOT included.
If you are interested in in taking part in this special event please contact the EIPC by phone, fax or e-mail.
Notes for speakers
- The following guidelines are provided regarding the submittal of papers and how they are to be presented at the European PCB Convention.
- Papers should supply new technical, management or statistical information and not be presented for commercial purposes.
- All presentations should be made in English. If the author has problems with presenting in English, he or she should note this situation on the Abstract Submission Form.
- Presentations should not make direct comparisons with competitors products.
- When the description of particular equipment is necessary for proper understanding of the process, it shall be conﬁ ned to technical aspects.
- Text ﬁ les of the presentation will be required in MS Word or RTF.
- Illustrations, graphics, tables or pictures (including presenter’s photograph) have to be electronically delivered in standard format and in the appropriate resolution (minimal 150 dpi).
- The author or presenter of an oral presentation will be offered a complimentary one-day conference registration; valid on the day the author is invited to present.
Abstracts should include the following:
- Title of Presentation
- Author Listing; ﬁ rst/last name, afﬁ liation, mailing address, telephone, fax, e-mail
- Synopsis of the paper for future announcements
- Biography: brief background on the principal/presenting author including a photo (resolution 300dpi, dimension: 50mm x 70 mm)
The Programme Committee, consisting of experts coming from our industry will review abstracts. The ofﬁ cial language of the Conference is English. No translations will be provided.
Selections will be based on the following criteria
- Contribution to the industry.
- The abstract should clearly describe the nature, content, key points, and signiﬁ cance of the proposed paper.
- Presentations are to be strictly non-commercial and must focus on technical merits of described processes.
- Proprietary and/or conﬁ dentiality issues as well as approvals should be deﬁ nitive at time of submission.
Instructions will be included in an author’s kit that will be mailed to you on acceptance of your proposal. All presentations will be included in the Proceedings (on CD-Rom) of the Convention. Manuscripts and attendance at the Conference will be required for inclusion in the Proceedings. The copyright of the paper will be with the EIPC for 18 months.
Abstract submission form: June 15th 2004
Notiﬁ cation of Acceptance: June 30st 2004
Instructions for Submission of Abstracts
Please use the application form pages 8 to 9 and submit by e-mail, fax or regular mail
The abstracts shall be submitted to the EIPC - European Institute of Printed Circuits
Sonja Derhaag, Event Manager
PO Box 2060, 6201 CD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-43-3440872, Fax: +31-43-3440873, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org