Chemcut celebrates 50th anniversary
Jul 25, 2007
Chemcut Corporation is pleased to announce that the company is celebrating 50 years in business in 2007. Chemcut, originally formed as the equipment manufacturing division of Centre Circuits, was founded in 1957. The company's first spray etching machine was sold one year later, establishing Chemcut at the forefront of technology and ushering in the era of mass-produced printed circuits.
Centre Circuits discontinued the production of printed circuit boards and changed its name to Chemcut Corporation in 1962, to allow it to concentrate exclusively on the design and manufacture of etching equipment. Chemcut's equipment success quickly spread from circuit boards alone to supplying equipment for a wide range of photochemical milling applications which include; semiconductor lead frames, aircraft parts, jewelry, ornaments, signage, alternative energy, medical and automotive. Within a decade, Chemcut developers, etchers, and strippers were producing circuit boards and chemically milled parts throughout Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Since then, more than 15,000 Chemcut units have been sold around the world.