Teradyne announces Debug Pro(TM) test programming and Debug Software for TestStation In-Circuit PCB testers
Nov 14, 2006
Enhanced graphics and simplified, menu-driven programming ensures a simpler, more intuitive interface and easier access to TestStation's powerful suite of test debug tools
Teradyne announced Debug Pro, a new user-friendly software debug environment for TestStation(TM) ICT equipment. Debug Pro features a more intuitive graphical user interface and provides users with more comprehensive tools, simplified command menus, and operational displays for better debugging and qualifying in-circuit test programs. With Debug Pro, users can better leverage TestStation's powerful programming and test capabilities. Key elements of Debug Pro include:
- A Label Navigator that graphically displays each of the program's tests. Common resistor, capacitor, inductor and other user-defined tests are automatically grouped using folders. Status icons more clearly indicate the Pass/Fail status of each test. Operators can select individual debug tests by simply clicking on menus or by using new built-in search capabilities.
- A Statement Editor that displays each of the specified parameters available in user-selected tests and allows operators to easily select and modify those parameters using the mouse or keystrokes. Its configurable editor can be set to display only the test parameters that operators commonly modify during debug activities.
- A Guard Editor window that displays the test instrument connections and relevant in-circuit interconnections associated with each device under test. Operators can more easily add and remove test guard points using their mouse.
- A Charting Tool that displays measurement results using run or histogram charts and reports test statistics such as Mean, Std Deviation, Cp, and Cpk. Operators can acquire and view charts quicker to determine the reliability of all test measurements.
- A Component and Property Information windows that display more helpful information about board components, nets and other tester resources.
- A Customizable Tool Bar that provides greater access to comprehensive debug tools, including board and schematic viewers, data collection charts, vectorless test programming and test quality tools.
- An optional Untranslator Window provides experienced users with the ability to perform debug activities using the familiar commands and keystrokes of legacy Runtime debug environments.
"Our early adopter audits and performance benchmarks show that Debug Pro's intuitive operation and advanced capabilities can effectively help operators complete their debug activities faster with higher quality results," said Alan Albee, product line manager for TestStation products. "Debug Pro simplifies typical debug sequences and provides quicker access to TestStation's rich debug techniques and test tools so that operators can concentrate on better solving their specific PCB testing challenges."
Teradyne will begin shipping Debug Pro software (version 6.2.0) to new TestStation users this month. Existing TestStation customers with software support contracts will receive the new software in Q107. Debug Pro is fully compatible with the Teradyne's new UltraPin II 121 and 121a pin boards, also announced today.