Korea Trade Center, also known as KOTRA, is a statutory agency within Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy (MOCIE) and a non-profit Korean government Agency to promote bilateral business relationships between Korea and United States.
KOTRA is represented in more than 102 locations in 74 countries, working under the common goal of promoting and facilitating bilateral trade and investment opportunities.
KOTRA is to contribute to building of a strong global market through promoting and assisting more Korean businesses to succeed in establishing a presence in overseas countries.
KOTRA San Francisco was established on July, 1967. KOTRA San Francisco is located in San Mateo, CA and to serve business needs of US companies, especially located in Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.
Main focus of KOTRA SF is on Information Technology, Bio Technology, Culture and Entertainment industry, and other high tech industry.
KOTRA is to
1. Connect US buyers interested in working with Korean products/services.
2. Help Korean Companies interested in penetrating US Market.
3. Introduce exhibitions in Korea to potential exhibitors/attendees.
4. Act as a sales agent for the designated companies to create new business opportunities in North America.
5. Locate potential foreign buyers for Korean companies.
6. Offer supports to US companies to promote business opportunities in Korea.
7. Support foreign investors by offering more powerful incentives and expanded range of services.
8. Enhance national prosperity and competitiveness with the ultimate goal of positioning Korea as the business and economic hub of Northeast Asia.
9. Industrial technology transfer.
10.Organize Korean participation in local exhibitions.
11. Reply to business inquiries.